2017 Website Redesign Ideas
The current version of Undebt.it has been up for over two years now (which is a looong time in internet years) so I’m considering doing a whole website refresh. This would be the fourth version of the website since 2012….Here are the main goals of the new site:
- Keep the interface clean and uncluttered
- Make it easy for new users to sign up and start using the site
- Make sure it still works well on mobile devices
- Improve the Dashboard page
- Add more educational content and better examples
I need your help to get some user feedback on what works well for you and what doesn’t. Any ideas or features you’d like to see added? Assuming I go forward with the redesign, it will probably take a couple/few months to complete.
On another note, here are some behind the scenes issues that I’d like to tackle in the near future:
- Handle promo rates better: Right now, promo rates are not factored in when the payoff plan is generated. The interest calculations are correct, but the payoff order needs work.
- Promo & variable interest rates in general: What makes calculating a payment plan really difficult is to add in different interest rates. For example, it’s possible to have $xx at 0% and also have $yyy at 5.5% on the same account. Then there’s the issue of deferred interest – this is interest that accrues over time if the account is not paid off. Do you want to payoff a 0% account or focus on another account first? I’m probably going to add a “deferred interest?” check box to the account and force these accounts to be paid down first
- Bi-weekly payment schedule: There has been a lot of interest in this feature. I hope to look into it early next year.
- Phone app: I’d love to create an iOS/Android app so if know of any good app developers please let me know.
As always, thanks for using the site and sharing with your friends and family